I recently returned from 18 days of travel to the U.S. Some might want to call it a vacation but I have to say, as enjoyable as it was it was not relaxing.
I should be posting photos soon, but the most unique element of this past trip was the fact that I had 15 flights in 18 days. Even for those, like myself, who are not afraid of flying it was certainly more time in the airports and planes than I would want to duplicate.
The element that makes this post noteworthy however, is that a few of those flights were one way. I don't mean one-way in the sense of not round trip, but instead I mean I took off in the plane but didn't land in it. How you ask? Skydiving. Oh the wonderful world of skydiving.
I had a few flights that brought me, and those who jumped with me (a son, and two of my brothers) to a height of about 13,500 feet and let us jump out - freefalling for 60 seconds before descending the rest of the way under the canopy of a parachute.
The first jump I had in about 25 years was initiated by my son who asked if I would be interested in helping him celebrate his graduation from high school. His thought was simple. Everyone should celeberate graduation by jumping out of an airplane. I am glad that he shared this most memorable experience with me. It is truly something I will never forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment